Facts & Trivia
Full name: AnnaSophia Robb
Date of birth: December 8th, 1993
Place of birth: Denver, Colorado, USA
- Insists that she be called by her full name, AnnaSophia.
- Her mother quit her job in order to look after her when she was young, but she’s now an interior decorator.
- Was once home-schooled, but now currently attends a private Christian school in Denver, Colorado, her hometown.
- Says she loved the dogs from Because of Winn-Dixie (2005).
- Has a dog named Bella, who is a cross between a Maltese and a poodle.
- Is friends with actress Taylor Dooley.
- Enjoys dancing, rafting, reading (her favorite book genres are fantasy and historical fiction), singing and, snowboarding.
- Auditioned for the female lead role of Rosemary in Little Manhattan (2005), but lost the part to actress Charlie Ray.
- Is a fan of the The Black Eyed Peas. Some of her favorite songs by them are “Hey Mama”, “My Humps”, “Pump It” and “Where Is the Love?”.
- Was originally cast in the film The Ultimate Gift (2006).
- Studies French.
- Favourite films are The Manchurian Candidate (2004), The Interpreter (2005), Napoleon Dynamite (2004) and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Best friends with actor Josh Hutcherson.
- Was named after her maternal great-grandmother, Anna Sophie, and her paternal grandmother, Anna Marie.
- Her single “Keep Your Mind Wide Open” was #90 on the Billboard Hot 100 during the week of March 1, 2007, being her first song to chart.
- In 2005 she was the face of Trad Clothing, helping to design and model a fashion line for girls.
- Has ten cousins; eight girls and two boys.
- Her favorite clothing stores are Jigsaw London, TRAD (for which she has modeled) and Abercrombie.
- Beat out her friend Taylor Dooley for two parts – her guest appearance on “Drake & Josh” (2004) and her role in Samantha: An American Girl Holiday (2004) (TV).
- Prefers “AnnaSophia” pronounced as “Ah-na” Sophia instead of “Ann-na” Sophia.
- She had to wear a long brunette wig in her role as Samantha Parkington.